A Closer Look
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Meaning of Life

Go down

The Meaning of Life Empty The Meaning of Life

Post by Chiasm Chicken 5/10/2014, 22:11

My, my! Such a deep subject for such a small forum. Well, we've got to think big, have we not?
What do you think the meaning of life is? Religion? Servitude? Love? Power? Friends? Compassion?
I believe that the purpose of life is to find happiness. What one needs to achieve that happiness changes from person to person; for me it would be a sense of accomplishment (unless something better has yet to be accomplished). I think that every action we make is an attempt to make ourselves happy. Not every try makes progress, and some often work backwards, but still everything that we do is to try to please ourselves.
You can say "I am doing it for someone else", but why are you really? You are acting because doing something for another is going to make you feel good. You can care for another's happiness, and hurt yourself to please them, and this is because you place them above yourself--but because knowing that they are happy will, in turn, make you happy.
I've not much else to add here. It's a simple idea, everyone fighting for their own sake, and it brings much good and much bad into the world. I think that, if we strive to help ourselves and help others help themselves, we will all find our meaning in life and eventually become satisfied with ourselves.
Chiasm Chicken
Chiasm Chicken
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum